With the huge variety of tents available in the market at varying price ranges, it can become quite difficult to decide which one to buy. I am always on the lookout for a tent that is not only of superior quality but also which is light on my wallet. This is where the Alps Mountaineering Meramac 4 Tent stands out. Priced nominally, this lightweight tent is one of the best family camping tents around.
It is one of those tents which come with two doors. Ventilation is great with the zippered doors and a couple of large mesh panels on the sides. Excellent weather protection with a water-proof fly that stands its test. It stands firmly on ground a 2 pole design which come with fiberglass poles with an elastic cord also known as a shock cord which gives it the free-standing capability with minimum risk.
Let Us Discuss The USPs Of This Tent
- Though many believe it doesn’t make much of a difference whether a tent has two doors or one, I personally believe it can be quite useful. Especially when there are 2-3 persons sleeping in the tent, it makes a difference. You can come out of the door closest to you without disturbing others.
- Ventilation is a plus point in this tent. Many 4 person tents just have one ventilation panel or vent on the side. Though most of them are smaller in size, only one ventilation window can make things a bit stuffy.
The Alps Meramac 4 tent does a great job with regard to ventilation as it has two panels on the side covered with mesh. The mesh does a great job in blocking bugs and flies like no-see-ums, which can be a menace while camping. Along with the side panels, the two doors windows also provide excellent ventilation with the ridge pole that can be secured firmly to provide protection against hostile weather.
In such a condition you need a high quality weather-proof tent. Now these days, almost every tent comes equipped with weather proof capabilities.
What differentiates them from each other is the extent of rain-proofing and sturdiness that the tent provides. The Alps Mountaineering Meramac 4 tent provides excellent water-proofing. It has a weatherproof fly and comes factory sealed at the seams and fly where chances of water seeping in are maximum. Also, it is sturdy and can withstand powerful windstorms.
- Setting up the tent is really easy with an all clip assembly and oversize zippers. It has a #8 zipper along the doors.The tent is spacious with a central height of about 5 feet, and can easily accommodate 3 adults.
- The Alps Meramac 4 person tent also comes with gear loft which comes handy in keeping your gear organized. This is a valuable add-on along with hooks on the roof of the tent for hanging some stuff like lanterns or anything else.
Where Does It Fall Short
- If you are a backpacker and are looking for a backpacking tent, this may not be the one for you. It is slightly on the heavier side weighing 7lbs and comes in a rectangular case which may not be comfortable carrying in your backpack.
- Like most other tents, in order to reinforce the floor of the tent, it is advisable that you use a tarp on the floor. This will not only give you better water-proofing but also give extra protection to the already durable floor.
The Alps Meramac 4 tent is definitely one of the best value-for-money tents out there. If you are a small family or a group of friends wanting to go for a car camping outing, this is the tent for you.Though this tent is available at many online stores, Amazon gives you the best deal offering a big discount and of course free shipping as well.